Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Crazy Tuesday


Personal Space

I don't have it. I can't even eat lunch without someone crawling into my lap. Tuesdays tend to be the busy day of the week. Kids up, ready for school, hair and lunches. Then with the wind chill warnings, I take my six year old to school; there is no standing outside waiting for a bus in that stuff. After I drop her off, me and the little one head to the grocery store to shop for the week; maybe another stop or two, but then home. Then it's my slow down time, my zen, my quite time; lunch. I'll usually take a comfy seat, watch some news and eat my lunch. I'll take 30-45 minutes to myself, before I start the Tuesday house cleaning marathon. Then around 3 or 4 I'll start dinner so it will be ready when we get home from the little ones evening activities.  Once we are home, it's dinner time, then baths... It is a go-go, non stop day. So my 30-45 minute lunch is just that. Today I sit down for my lunch and Sparkle joins me on the couch and promptly puts her head in my lap. Not a big deal, but then my little one joins her... Ok this is cute. The mommy in me just looks at this and does Ooo and ahhh, the Domestic Engineer in me says, this is going to put me back about 15 minutes. Telling the dog to get off my lap when I'm done with lunch is one thing, but now I have my little one cuddling on the dog... Can't resist the cuteness ... Way to adorable... Can't think straight with the beautiful blue eyes looking up at me... What was I doing... Was I suppose to get up? Then the ultimate Kryptonite... "Mommy, I love you." That's it game over I totally cuddled on the little one and the dog for 15 minutes... I am weak.


No comments:

Post a Comment