Sunday, December 16, 2012

Accessories

"But mommy she needs accessories." Was what my four year old said to me when I asked her what and why she was putting a braclet on the dog. Sparkle was sleeping quietly on the couch, because that's where she sleeps (a whole other story), when the Little One decided she needed a braclet. Dogs and kids always offer opportunity for a laugh, especially when the dog is a young dog. But there is also the unknown element, what will happen when said dog and said child are doing the unexpected, how will either of them react? I was sitting next to Sparkle when this all went down. I watched as my Little One put on the first braclet, which woke up Sparkle. The braclet didn't fit, so she adjusted and on the third try it was a fit. Sparkle just lay there the whole time my four year old was putting on and taking off the braclet. She was happy with the accessories she had given Sparkle and went on to continue playing dress up. Luckily the cat was sleeping in her cubby, or she might have gotten a hat. I'm waiting for the time when Sparkle walks around the corner with a tutu on (yes I will post a picture of that). I am a firm believer that proper socialization is key for any dog. And that starts at birth. Miss Sparkle was around a lot of kids as a puppy, thanks to her breeder and friends. But with that being said, you should, and I never do, leave young kids unattended with a dog, that is just trouble waiting to happen. Ok, of my soap box. Sparkle walked around for five minutes with her lovely braclet on before I rescued her her. She was fine and really didn't care that she had it... Good dog!
Special thanks to Anne of Oakwood Dalmatians, Sue of Paisley Dalmatains and friend Patti for all the extra kid socialization.

No comments:

Post a Comment