Monday, March 11, 2013

She likes it...

You can't see me...

You know, once upon a time there was a rule in the house of no dogs on the couch. This got put into play, mostly because that having two Rottweilers and a Dalmatian on the couch would leave no room for the people who bought, said couch. So they had wonderfully comfy beds placed EVERYWHERE. When we lost our dogs we donated 99% of our stuff to a local rescue group, we didn't think we'd be getting another dog for a long time; oops. See this is why I don't think to much, I hate being wrong. Although this is not a bad thing to be wrong about. Sparkle sort of fell into place, and she is one wonderful dog; please don't tell her, I'm afraid she might get cocky. When Sparkle came into our lives I was missing Cora still, really bad. It had almost been a year and my heart was still sad; and still hurts if I think about it too much. Cora was a 95 pound snuggling lap dog. And the odd thing is, you wouldn't even realize she had snuck her way onto your lap, you'd just look down, and there was this 95 pound dog in your lap. It would just start with her head in your lap. I'm pretty sure her thought was, "I'm in your lap not on the couch". She wouldn't do it all the time,so it was something I would let slide. When Sparkle came and just wanted to cuddle everyone, I let it all slide. So now, the only time she lays on the floor is when the fire place is on or the sun is coming through the entry way. This is totally my fault and I will own up to this epic failure on my part of training. But she does curl up nicely into a tight little ball taking up as little room as possible when everyone is in the couch. However, if she's there first, please reference the post, Physics. And if the couch is taking up by me, the cat and the kids and the hubby is in his chair, she will go over to the solitary reading chair. This is where I sometimes place my coat. I try to make sure that it is out of the way, laying it to the side. I'm guessing that is not what she wanted. I will never again fell sorry for her when the kids cover her with blankets, I'm betting she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment