Friday, January 11, 2013

What are you...


There are some breeds that are know for their tracking, their are some that are known for their drooling, some that are known for their barking and/or howling and their are some that are known for using their feet when they play. Just so we are are clear a Dalmatian is NOT known for any of these things! When I was getting my Rally Titles on my Rotties there was a man that had two Malamutes. They were beautiful and well behaved, a perfect ambassador for their breed. But once he got them in the ring, they "talked" the whole time. Don't misunderstand me, they were great and did what they were suppose to do; in fact it was always my dogs and his dogs vying for the top spots. It was a riot to see these dogs doing perfect obedience while "talking back" the whole time. I only saw them doing Rally, never in the Obedience ring, I don't know how those judges would react or take that. In Rally, however, there was always a laugh, and sometimes even from the judge. You think I have gotten off topic, but really I haven't. I told you that story, because Malamutes are known talkers. And boxers are known to play with their feet, or "box" then they play. So I'm really hoping the video above loads properly, or this is all for not. Sparkle does a lot of funny, odd, interesting, naughty.... things, the reason behind the blog, but one of the things that she does that is not typical of her breed is "talk". I've mentioned it in pervious posts, but in the video above (I hope) is Miss Sparkle telling me its dinner time. The only thing I'm doing to get her to do this is not look at her. She knows its dinner time because she gets fed once the kids are in bed for the night. I knew she would do this if I did take her right out to get fed. Please enjoy the video, and don't judge my 
mess; I have small children, a dog and a husband (I love you honey). She will also do this 
same thing if my husband is eating jerky and not sharing.



1 comment:

  1. Sparkle's mother , Nati talks as do some of her siblings (Amare, Baci). :-) Love the blog...

    ReplyDelete