Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Zzzzzzoom.....



Finally....
With the return of the snow this Sunday also came the return of more "seasonable" weather. What does that mean, "seasonable"? It depends where you are. I'm from the Pacific North West, so there, this time of year, that would mean, rain, clouds and temps in the 40-ish range. That is what I grew up with and what I know. Now I'm in Minnesota, so it means something COMPLETELY different. Even after seven winters, when the temps drop below zero, its still a shock! The subzero weather is scheduled to return, but until then, Miss Sparkle is loving the "warm-up". As my husband would say, she's acting like a caff in spring. So she's doing puppy sprints in the backyard. It's like the fresh blanket of snow holds some special power. Not only is she running like a crazy puppy, but she also does this bounding thing that reminds me of a gazelle or maybe a deer. It was sort of like watching a snow fox pounce on the snow looking for pray underneath. I was also impressed with how she found her toys barrier under the snow. Under that fresh pretty white stuff, was a treasure she wanted to find. One by one she sniffed out her three balls, her kong and her bone. Ok, the bone I can understand, that thing has got to stink. I am hoping we do get a couple more inches tomorrow so this can go on one more day. Once the subarctic weather returns, she won't want to go out and my family room will turn into her race track. 




No comments:

Post a Comment